Thanks for checking in! Winter 2017/18 sign-ups will reopen in September/October 2017. Please Contact Us with any questions or comments! Thanks
Local, organic vegetables available delivered through the winter!
Harvest Tide Organics presents our Winter Staples CSA, which allows you to enjoy traditional New England storage crops (and some extra goodies!) all winter long!
Our Winter Staples CSA Share is an exciting continuation of the Summer CSA program. Here are the details you need to know:
-The CSA will begin in late November (after Thanksgiving) and continue through the middle of March, comprising of 16 weeks of vegetables.
-Shares will be delivered bi-weekly on Tuesdays to our public pick-up locations and participating offices, meaning you will receive 8 deliveries of produce and goodies.
-Shares will include 6-8 storage veggies to last you two weeks of cooking, expect lots of the staples - potatoes, onions, winter squash, etc. Check out our calendar below to see what is available when.
-Shares will also include some delicious pantry items from neighboring and partnering farms to spice up the winter with some flavors, below is a list of what to expect for pantry items.
-The cost of the share for the entire winter will be $350. We will only have one share size for the winter share. Space will be limited, you can reserve your space by signing up HERE, and placing a deposit on a share. Customers can pay in full at sign-up or pay in installments, with the final payment due no later than December 15th, 2016.
-As always, our shares will be neatly boxed, with all produce washed and packed for easy cooking. All veggies will be of the highest quality and totally delicious. All boxes come labeled with the customer's name, so there is no confusion in distribution. Perfect for the office or workplace.
Shares will be available at our three public pick-up locations
- Rising Tide Brewery's tasting room at 103 Fox Street in Portland
- Forage Market at 180 Lisbon Street in Lewiston
- At the Farm! 508 Brown's Point Road Bowdoinham, Maine
Offices, workplaces, community spaces with 4 or more shares can have their share delivered right to them for a super easy winter CSA experience!
What's going to be in my share?
While we plant for the winter share in a different way than the summer share, it is still susceptible to risk. Storage through the winter can be tricky and the weather still plays a surprisingly big roll. This calendar isn't a gaurantee, but it lays out what to expect in terms of storage time and availability for certain winter crops.
Weekly pantry items could include:
- Heirloom cornmeal or dry beans from our neighbor Fairwinds Farm - grown right nextdoor!
- Pickled items or jams from our good friend at Turtle Rock Farm - made with organic ingredients and some of our produce!
- Organic Maine rolled oats - a Maine breakfast staple.
- Organic apples - one of the sweetest storage crops.
- Local popcorn
- Sauerkraut or yummy spicy kimchi from friends that buy our cabbage and bok choy.
- Fresh dried herbs, grown lovingly on the farm.